I want to be a zookeeper...pilot...teacher...princess! Like every other kid's, my list was endless and ever-changing. Most of us outgrow that. We decide what we really want to do with ourselves, or at least land on something we think will make us happy. I was never quite able to narrow it down to one thing, still haven't. It's okay, I've done some reflection and come to terms with my indecisiveness. I even figured out how to major in "a little bit of everything," and I'm almost finished with my Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS) at Western Kentucky University. If all goes well, I'll graduate in December. The BIS Program requires a capstone project before graduation, and this blog is mine. Hopefully while being somewhat entertaining, I'll reflect on my college career, how I have progressed personally and academically, and what it's been like, for me, attending school as a non-traditional student.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stephen King Interview

I interviewed Stephen King tonight for a class project, and I wasn't even nervous.  It was a lot of fun, actually.  Much better than the powerpoint I decided at the last minute to scrap.  For Advanced Composition, we have to complete an oral presentation using slides with audio or video in lieu of a final exam.  I was almost finished - two hours before the deadline, of course - but I just wasn't happy with the results.  So, I decided to take my instructor up on her offer of an extension.  The only catch was that anyone who wanted the extra two days had to publicly request it on Blackboard's Discussion Board.  So, a bit of groveling was involved, but a two-day extension is definitely worth it.  I suppose it would be wise at this point to simply improve upon what I already have (the powerpoint), but that's no fun!  I'd much rather start all over!  Plus, as I mentioned, I get to interview Stephen King for video I'm planning to use.  Did I mention my husband bears a strong resemblance to Stephen King (a better-looking version of Stephen King, in my humble opinion)?  He's an awfully good sport.  Hopefully my teacher will appreciate his efforts - and mine.  Now if I can just get this stinkin video into the right format.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment